The Florida Department of Health officially nominated five medical marijuana cultivators in the State’s five regions. These institutions, which will legally produce and dispense non-psychoactive forms of medicinal marijuana, are:
- Costa Nursery Farms from Southeast Region;
- Alpha Foliage from Southwest Region;
- Knox Nursery from Central Region;
- Hackney Nursery from Northwest Region; and
- Chestnut Hill Tree Farm from Northeast Region
The Low-THC Medical Marijuana Law bill was supposed to become effective in January but the deadline was postponed due to lawsuits and legal impediments. The Law allows the cultivation, extraction, and distribution of low-THC marijuana concentrates that are high in cannabidiol, or CBD.